Peppermint essential oil has a variety of uses, from insect repellent to mental clarity. Peppermint is an oil I diffuse very often. When my allergies are acting up, I diffuse 2 drops each of peppermint, lemon, and lavender to promote respiratory health. When I need to concentrate, I diffuse peppermint.
- Wake Up Call- mix with coconut oil and apply to the back of the neck and temples
- GI Upset- add 1 drop to a glass of water, or massage some into your abdomen to promote GI health
- DIY Icy Hot- use in a carrier oil to help relieve sore muscles
- Congestion- diffuse peppermint, lemon, and lavender to improve respiratory health. If you can’t diffuse, rub a couple drops in your palms and breathe deeply
- Dandruff? Add a few drops to your shampoo to help clear your scalp or make your own shampoo using your oils. Here is a link I found to a great recipe: http://www.homemademommy.net/2014/02/homemade-rosemary-peppermint-shampoo.html
- Pest control- leave a peppermint soaked cotton ball anywhere you have ant problems
- Sore feet- using a carrier oil and a few drops of oil, have your significant other massage your sore feet to ease the pain
Do you have another use for Peppermint oil? If so, leave it in the comments. I would love to learn new uses.
Interested in taking the plunge and ordering Young Living Essential oils? Order here at this link ‘https://beta.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/start?sponsorid=2555170&enrollerid=2555170&type=member&isocountrycode=US&isolanguagecode=EN‘>.
The information contained on this website is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information represents what I, as an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to take care of my own personal health. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.