Lemon essential oil is a jack of all trades oil. It is great used on your skin, in your drinks or food, or as a cleaner. Most of Young Living’s starter kits come with lemon essential oil because it is so popular and capable of being used in many diverse ways. However Young Living’s oil is the only one I would ever ingest or use topically. Thanks to their “Seed to Seal” guarantee I can trust that I know exactly what I am getting. What is “Seed to Seal”? Well in the words of Young Living it is this, “At Young Living we take our stewardship of the planet and its inhabitants very seriously. We diligently scrutinize every step of our production process to bring you the purest products earth has to offer. We call it…Seed to Seal. It’s not a slogan—it’s our calling.” This is exactly why I chose to be a Young Living distributor over other essential oil companies. Now lets get on to the many uses of lemon oil.
- Adhesive Removal- use 1-2 drops to remove any adhesive left behind such as glue, bandaids, or crayons.
- Degreaser- mix with liquid soap to remove grease and oil stains
- Carpet Cleaner- 10-15 drops in a gallon of water in a steamer or carpet cleaner works wonders for your carpet. Make sure you spot test it first.
- All purpose cleaner- Mix 5-6 drops of oil with 1-2 cups water in a glass spray bottle. For extra cleaning power add 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
- Polish furniture- Mix one third cup apple cider vinegar and two third cups olive oil, mix well and then add 3 drops of lemon oil. Shake before each use.
- Detox water- Add 1-2 drops to water to kickstart your metabolism and help flush toxins from your body.
- Clear skin- Add a few drops to your favorite moisturizer for clear skin and a bright complexion. Avoid sunlight for 24 hours afterwards because lemon oil is light sensitive.
- Fruit and Veggie wash- Add 2-3 drops to a sink full of water to remove waxy residue and to help fruit last longer.
- Air freshener- Add 5-6 drops oil to 2 cups of water. Spray throughout your house for a fresh, clean scent that helps to neutralize odors.
- Sanitize dishwasher or garbage disposal- Add 1-2 drops to your garbage disposal and wait 1 minute. Flush with warm water. Add 1-2 drops to detergent container to sanitize your washer.
- Freshen laundry- Ever forget a load of clothes in the washer? Add a few drops to your laundry and it will freshen and brighten them.
- Bug Repellent- 5-6 drops in 2 cups water. Spray anywhere you don’t want bugs.
- Cooking- 7-8 drops of lemon oil equals 1 lemon.
- Soft scrub cleaner- add a few drops of lemon to baking soda to make your own soft scrub cleaner.
- Facial- Pamper yourself with this lemony facial. Mix 2-3 drops lemon with 1 tablespoon baking soda. Exfoliate. Rinse and put on your favorite moisturizer. It brightens your face and leaves your complexion nice and clear. Avoid sunlight 24 hours after applying as lemon is sunlight sensitive.
- Disinfect a cutting board- Rub 2-3 drops on the board and then let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse with hot water and a gentle soap.
- Make instant yummy lemonade for one or two people without the hassle of squeezing lemons or making it with the nasty artificial powder.
- Uplifting Body Scrub- Mix 3 drops oil with 1 cup sugar.
- Removes those hard to get rid of dry erase marker marks and stains.
Do you have a favorite way to use lemon? If so leave it in the comments, I would love to hear your ideas!
Interested in taking the plunge and ordering Young Living Essential oils? Order here at this link ‘https://beta.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/start?sponsorid=2555170&enrollerid=2555170&type=member&isocountrycode=US&isolanguagecode=EN‘>.
The information contained on this website is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information represents what I, as an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to take care of my own personal health. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.